We know that managing the COVID-19 pandemic in your community is your highest priority right now, so let’s get you up to date on how ER is making your job easier during these challenging times.
COVID-19 Documentation / FEMA Form ICS 214
Here’s a quick overview of what ER has deployed to make COVID-19 documentation a breeze for your department.
- Easy Completion of ICS 214. We’ve made it simple to complete FEMA form ICS 214. Report 1797 – FEMA ICS 214 Form Activity Log for Reimbursement does the heavy lifting so you can quickly respond to the FEMA COVID-19 Cost Reimbursement Program.
More details about completing the form can be found in this 3-Minute Tutorial.
- The USFA/NFDC Special Study is now embedded in Basic 2 of an incident report. It’s set to “required” by default but can be changed in Administration > Incident Settings > Required Fields and Customizations. This data is also part of your NFIRS export.
- Report #1795 – Incident Special Study Answer Summary by Incident Type for Zone for Date Range with Special Study Questions pulls data from the special study question into a highly usable table.
- Advanced Search – Map View. You can also easily view incidents by answers provided to the COVID-19 special study using the Advanced Search in the Incidents module:
Rockin’-n-Rollin’ with Rig Checks
Thanks to terrific feedback from our customers, we’re deploying enhancements to the Rig Checks feature in the Maintenance Module.
- Users will now be able to choose between three different question types when creating or editing a checklist:
- Meter Reading
- SCBA Bottle Check
- If “Meter Reading” is selected, a meter reading dropdown is displayed for you to choose which type of meter reading to add to the checklist. Here are the new choices:
- Aerial Hours
- DEF Level
- Fuel Level
- Water Tank Level
- Additionally, when you select “SCBA Cylinder Check” as a question type, you now have the ability to include “Next Hydrostatic Test Date.”
- Here’s how the questions will look in the Rig Check form itself:
- Last but not least, we’ve increased character limits for Descriptions and Notes and transitioned to military time as the timekeeping standard in Rig Checks.
Twenty for 2020 Webinars
Online training opportunities are waiting for you…be sure to join us for the remaining Twenty for 2020 webinar series. We’ve got some great ones planned to close out the season. On Thursday, you can learn about easing the CPSE accreditation process.
Regional Training Academies Postponed
All RTAs have been postponed until further notice in order to reduce the risk to you and our personnel. We are respecting the CDC recommendation of not congregating in groups greater than 10 people, and we will keep you posted as soon as this restriction is lifted. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Everyone at ER sends their heartfelt appreciation for all that you are doing to keep your crew and your community safe. We are grateful to be your data management solution during this historic time. Until next month, keep up the noble work, and as always, stay safe.
Business Development Analyst
About the Author:
Tom Louis currently serves as a Business Development Analyst, Subject Matter Expert, and Key Account Manager for Emergency Reporting. He retired as a battalion chief from the Green Valley Fire District in Arizona in 2013 after serving for 22 years. He has used Emergency Reporting since 2004 and has been part of the Emergency Reporting family since 2011, working with customers throughout the United States and in Canada, South Korea, Japan, Germany, Italy, and Kuwait. He holds two associate degrees and graduated summa cum laude from Arizona State University with a bachelor of applied science degree in Fire Service Management. He believes that in order to tell a fire department’s story, high quality, actionable data in an easily understandable manner is essential for our communities and decision-makers. He is an avid reader of both non-fiction books and technothriller novels, loves classic and modern Mopar muscle cars, and has a soft spot for retired racing greyhounds.