When it comes to ePCR software, sometimes simpler is better. Unfortunately, there are many fire departments that need a basic ePCR but are wasting money on additional features they just don’t use. If this sounds like your agency, you may want to look into a simple solution that could save those dollars and allow you to put that money to use in more beneficial ways. At Emergency Reporting (ER), we offer a basic ePCR product called FirstPCR. This add-on or stand-alone product is an electronic one sheet made specifically for first responders that documents a patient’s basic information related to EMS calls.
Choosing the Right ePCR Software
FirstPCR is ideal for agencies that wish to document patient contact, but do not need to report to the state or comply with NEMSIS 3 reporting standards. It can be used to capture only the fields you have data for. Since it’s not a NEMSIS PCR, you don’t have to wade through dozens of mandatory fields. (Note: If your agency does need software for reporting to your state or complying with NEMSIS 3 standards, we offer an EMS Package that includes field-friendly, NEMSIS-3 compliant ePCRs that are automatically sent to the state upon completion, as well as eFax, EMS billing, and API integration with leading third-party ePCR vendors).=
Some of the benefits of FirstPCR:
- Capture the performance of your personnel (e.g., track success rates on medical procedures like IV starts and intubation attempts, and track how often certain medications, like oxygen or naloxone, were administered)
- Document patient refusals/non-transports easily and electronically in the field with our signature capture forms
- Provides HIPAA-compliant documentation to ensure your department meets federal privacy laws
- Auto-fill essential information about a patient obtained from prior incidents – which means you won’t have to re-enter patient information once it’s been previously entered.
- Documenting your initial care prior to transferring the patient is made simple with the Initial Assessment (which allows you to easily track Date/Time of Onset of Symptoms, Primary and subsequent complaints, Symptoms, Impressions, and Vitals)
FirstPCR as a “Bridge” Product:
In addition to helping agencies do a better job at capturing data from patient encounters, FirstPCR can also serve as an excellent bridge product for agencies looking ahead to eventually expand their EMS service within their communities (upgrading to ALS, becoming a transport agency, etc.). FirstPCR can set an agency up for long-term success by preparing caregivers to produce straightforward, high-quality ePCRs. When the time comes, transitioning to state-compliant NEMSIS 3 ePCR is easy. The layout and workflow are the same as FirstPCR, but include many more state-mandated sections and fields. This means that training time and costs can be significantly reduced since crews will already know the fundamentals of FirstPCR.
If you’d like to find out if FirstPCR or the EMS Package is right for your department, register for a no-obligation free demo.